There are plenty of things to see in Atlanta, Georgia, but today I want to focus on the top five. This is a quick guide for those who are in a hurry and just want to quickly look at the most interesting attractions in the area.
Visiting different cities, states, and other countries is always fun. It can be a learning experience. Usually, simply roaming around a large city will treat you well and keep you entertained. But it never hurts to have a plan.
This article will try to help you by sharing the top 5 must see things in Atlanta, Georgia. It’s a good starting point for those who are only spending a bit of time in the city or for those who want to make sure that they tick off the list the main attractions.
So without further ado, let’s check out 5 amazing things you should visit in Atlanta, Georgia!
1. Centennial Olympic Park
- It includes the largest Olympic Ring fountain
- Atlanta, Georgia was the 1996 Olympic host city
- A great area for a picnic while you are visiting the city
Related: Make sure to also read my top 5 things to see in Portland, Oregon.
2. Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum
- Jimmy Carter was the thirty-ninth president of the United States of America
- It gives you the opportunity to learn about his life
- It has a replica of the oval office
- Jimmy Carter is also a 2002 Nobel Peace Prize winner
3. The Margaret Mitchell House
- If you love “Gone With The Wind”, then you will enjoy visiting the author’s house
- The Margaret Mitchell House offers tours, a shop, and a museum
4. The World of Coca-Cola
- Tour the World of Coca-Cola
- Taste sodas from around the world
- Visit the secret Coca-Cola vault
- Check out the Coca-Cola room with all of the Olympic memorabilia
- Enjoy shopping in the Coca-Cola gift shop
5. The Atlanta Sky Wheel
- This sky wheel opened in the summer of 2013
- Look out and see the beauty of the Atlanta, Georgia skyline on this sky wheel
- See the buildings that make up the skyline scenery
There are many things to see and do in Atlanta, Georgia – a lot more than the five mentioned above. But this is a quick list for those who want to make sure that they tick the main attractions off their list – perfect for travelers who only spend a short amount of time in the city.
Have in mind that you can plan ahead for these activities and check out their websites, as some offer discounts on tickets if purchased ahead of your visit.
If you have other attractions to share with fellow travelers – and you consider must see or do while in Atlanta, let us all know by sharing your comments below.
And since you started reading about amazing US cities, why not continue by checking out my list of the top 10 US cities for digital nomads? You’ll surely love them!