If you are interested in gorgeous Russian women (and who isn’t?), you have probably already heard of Russian Cupid. No matter if you heard about it or not – read on for a complete review of this website.
Russian Cupid is a dating service that helps you meet your future girlfriend or wife among over 1.5 billion stunning Russian girls. Russian Cupid is a leading dating site with a solid reputation.
But it is also a paid service. And so we wonder, is it really worth the money? Here are some thoughts and experiences that will help you make up your mind.
Paid Vs Free in Online Dating
Love has no price tag, but finding it is a whole other story. By now you have probably realized that ‘free’ dating sites and applications are not really that free if you want to get access to all their featured.
They feature ads, pester you to upgrade to premium, and some have even been accused of selling your personal information to third party companies. When you are on a free service it is because you are the product.
There are also paid dating services which can be confusing and end up costing you more than you expected. Here are some examples of hidden costs:
- Pay for translating messages (a lot of Russian women don’t really speak great English). This is pretty crazy since there is this company called Google that invented a free translate app.
- Pricey gifts/kisses/compliments or whatever other corny way the website offers you to say you’re interested.
- A separate fee to use the mobile app and other potential extras for unlocking various features.
These might seem like tiny things but eventually they add up. The cool thing about Russian Cupid is that it’s 100% hidden charge free.
I personally verified this with their terms and conditions but let me suggest you do it, too. I know, I know, nobody wants to read them but the terms and conditions are your virtual contract with the website. It is always useful to know your rights.
Russian Cupid Vs Other Dating Services
The major upside of paid dating is you get people serious enough to pay for dating.
Tinder, OkCupid, and PlentyOfFish might be fun and popular but girls on there often end up being time-wasters, catfishers, or scammers. Sure, it might work, but you have to swift through the weeds constantly.
Russian Cupid has the added benefit of putting you in touch with your type of girls. These girls are on a paid dating site, which means that they are actively looking for a relationship.
And you will see, more often than not, that they put time and effort to create their profile. This shows commitment. Just check out a random profile I chose below:
While not all will be as complete, you do know that the ladies there are actively looking for a relationship and have some preferences as well. This can save you a lot of time trying to get to know her just to find out that you’re not her type.
Another amazing bonus of a paid site like this? LOWER competition. In other words, there are fewer males paying for the service and fighting to get the attention of the ladies. So you have way better chances of finding a girl faster.
How Much Is Russian Cupid?
Membership in Russian Cupid can be free or paid.
Registration and a few minor features are free (to hook you up) but if you are serious about meeting gorgeous Russian girls, be prepared to pay the subscription fee. There’s not much you can do with a free membership except for getting an actual look at the girls available there.
Which is something I recommend doing before you actually pay. I am 100% sure that there’s no way you will not find at least a couple dozen girls that tick all your boxes, but it doesn’t hurt to check before, right?
There are two Premium subscription models.
Gold gives you all the basics but Platinum is where the real deal is at. To give you an idea of the price difference a month of Gold is $34.99 while a month of Platinum membership sets you back $39.99. (Double check the prices as they could change at any moment!)
However, if you decide to pay for 3 or 12 months packages, you get MASSIVE discounts. For example, if you pay upfront for 12 months of Platinum, the monthly cost goes down to around $13.33 per month.
That’s basically a few tall Starbucks coffees each month. A great price offering amazing value!
Why Go Platinum with Russian Cupid?
Having a Platinum membership comes at less than $14 a month (if you get the 12-month package) but still – why?
The main reason is that you get ranked above other members in search results. You are basically a VIP.
Statistics show that we only tend to look at the first three to five offers before making our choice. Being a Platinum member increases your visibility dramatically and so you can double or even triple the number of matches in a matter of seconds.
You also get to double your profile space to make room for all these girls (and some great new profile pictures).
Plus, messages are automatically translated in your language by a machine that in my humble opinion works way better than Google Translate.
You do get all the other benefits of being a paying member, like being allowed to exchange messages with any member on the website, access to live chat and the ability to browse anonymously if you want to.
Still, Why Not Get A Free Account?
You can register for free at Russian Cupid and it gives you the bare minimum. You can see girls’ profiles and contact them. You are only able to exchange messages with them if they are paying their Gold or Platinum membership (which really doesn’t give you any bonus points – so you shouldn’t really try it).
Sadly, the economy is not that great in all parts of Russia (although as a whole the country is prospering). Most girls have free accounts and they would not be able to read your message or contact you back.
This is for your own protection. If free accounts could communicate, scams would skyrocket. There are already some stories of naïve people sharing their personal information only to get robbed or otherwise scammed.
But the best thing about the free profile is that you can sign up and browse the ladies there. Test the waters and see if you really like what you see. If you do – then you should upgrade to prove to these ladies that you mean business!
Are there fake profiles and scammers?
Paid dating sites, especially niche ones attract a crowd of fakes that can be hard to sort through. Some of them will find ways to avoid the rules and restrictions.
While this might be a downside for some other services, Russian Cupid is actually pretty efficient at getting rid of scam profiles and catfishers.
Still, there is no 100% safe website. For fun and safe dating always bear in mind the following real-life tips from people that have experienced problems first hand (these are not necessarily things that happened on Russian Cupid):
- Look for the ‘Verified’ seal even if it keeps you away from girls that you’re interested in. This weeds out the fakes efficiently and with zero effort from your part.
- Stay away from profiles with no pictures. Even if they are real girls, you don’t want to mess with someone that will not even show you her face. Cheaters and scammers do that, not nice Russian girls.
- Still, when something looks too good to be true, wait for 24 hours. Russian Cupid’s team is constantly patrolling the websites and fake profiles tend to disappear within the first few hours of being created.
So yes, I won’t go as far as saying that there are surely NO fake profiles out there, but the team behind the website is actively monitoring members and verifies them, so chances are minimal to stumble upon a fake.
Still, for do your own due diligence and stay safe!
Russian Cupid Main Pros
Russian Cupid is a leading dating service both in Russia and internationally. Here are the main reasons to try it out:
- Russian women are serious and very relationship-oriented (read this article about Russian culture). If they like you, they show it and there will be no cat and mouse games. You can easily meet your future long-term girlfriend or wife on Russian Cupid.
- The subscription plan is simple, affordable, and hides no additional charges.
- There are hundreds of testimonies of people that have had their lives changed thanks to Russian Cupid. Just read through that page, there are some pretty cool stories of guys and gals that met up on there and have since started a happy family or a satisfying long-term relationship.
- With over 1,500,000 profiles, you can find all sorts of different girls. You can enjoy an amazing diversity while staying in your preferred dating niche.
Russian Cupid Cons
Is Russian Cupid perfect for everybody? Obviously not.
Some guys are after Russian and Eastern European girls for some easy fun (fun fact: that is nearly impossible, Russian girls are very serious and definitely not easy). Others are not willing to invest money and time into finding a Russian partner.
Here are some people who will not benefit from Russian Cupid:
- Players that are not interested in building a relationship.
- People on a super tight budget (Russian Cupid is very affordable compared to many other services, but eating and rent money are a bit more important).
- Guys expecting to meet their future wife in 3 days. Russian women love to love – I know, it sounds cheesy, but it’s true. They are not always receptive to your advances which can make the whole thing a lot of fun but also a significant time investment.
All things considered, I personally think that Russian Cupid is worth every dime. They are reliable, they offer a great variety of profiles, and their price packages are incredibly affordable.
What are your thoughts on Russian Cupid? What are your best tips for dating Russian girls? Share your thoughts in the comments and I will be sure to respond.